Vorbildliche Erziehungs- und Bildungspolitik!

"Neues Europa"

Published in „Siegrunen“ Magazine – Vol. 8, No. 2, Number 44, 1987

The special „lyre“ collar patch for SS Music School pupils.

The Waffen-SS Music School was established in Braun­schweig on 1 July 1941 with the assistance of the SS Officer’s School in the same town. There were 60 students in the first training class and the first school director was Hstuf. Edgar Siedentopf. Most of the individual training group instructors were drawn from the NCOs attached to the band of SS Rgt. „Germania“/Division „Wiking.“ The students would frequently receive instru­mental training from members of the Braunschweig City-Theatre Orchestra, but at all times their activities were supervised either by the school commander or an SS instructor.

Tight supervision was necessary since most of the students were young teenagers who enrolled in the school at age 14, with parental permission, for a four-year term. After completing their studies at the…

Ursprünglichen Post anzeigen 495 weitere Wörter

Advertisements